KTAG K-TAG ECU Programming Tool Technique Support FAQ
Q1: Can I use KTAG on Windows XP?
A1: KTAG is compatible with both Windows XP and WIN7, but not all WIN7 is workable, better use WIN7 professional.
Q2: Ktag “Communication error: please check power and connections – ox1008.”
Q3: Does KTAG ECU programmer have limit number of times, only 32 and then throw it away?
A3: No, it has no limit you can always use it. But if you keep on giving ECU to write map file, then it has about 500 times limit. If your KTAG has limit counter and the KTAG board is no gluing, please contact us we will send you chip for replacement, but there are two conditions to change chip:
1) it is our KTAG not from other sellers;
2) you are required to know how to change the chip otherwise the KTAG will be damaged.
Q4: KTAG got error “checksum error”.
A4: there are three reasons cause checksum error:
1) the computer operation system is not compatible with KTAG, better use Windows XP or WIN7 professional;
2) there are some problem with KTAG software;
3) Ktag can’t work with these types of ECU at present. If needed, please ask us for remote assistance.
Q5: Do you have PDF instruction on this strip cable?
A5: Sorry, we only have KTAG driver installation video tutorial and BOOT cable instruction.
1)KTAG driver installation video tutorial: click column ” Video” at this page to watch or contact us to send you.
2)BOOT cable instruction as the following shows: