BMW ICOM A1 or A2 V01.40.05 Firmware Update Steps
1. Use the lan cable to connect the BMW ICOM A1 or A2 interface to the computer. Use the 12V adapter to connect the BMW ICOM A2 interface or just connect the interface with the car.
2. Use the IE to open this http://169.254.33.45:60080/.
user name: root
3. Click once on “Update Firmware”. Then you can see the firmware information of the ICOM interface.
4. Choose ICOM-BootImage-01-25-02.bin. Then set the image type to be SYSTEM. Click “Send the file” one time.
5. When the computer prompt “Write the image file to the flash?”, choose “Yes”. At this time, the BMW ICOM A1 or A2 interface light will turn to red.
6. Click “Update Firmware”, after the tips of “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successfull”.
7. Choose ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-40-05.bin. Set the image type to be APPLICATION. Click “Send the file”. This will take a few minutes to excute.
8. When the “Write the image file to the flash?” showed on the screen, choose “Yes”. The BMW ICOM A1 or A2 interface light will turn to red the second time.
9. When everything is back to normal, click “reboot”.
1) Please set the local connection to be Automatically Obtain.
2) If your BMW ICOM software version is V2015.11, you need to update the BMW ICOM firmware to V01.40.05.
3) BMW ICOM firmware update needed file download from: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0c1f39i1905g29c/bmw-icom-firmware-update.zip.